Version: June 2018
This policy sets out the basis on which we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website, our digital applications (Apps), and/or signing up for newsletters, competitions and other marketing activities either in-store or online.
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, if appropriate, notified to you by email so please check this page regularly.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information You Provide to Us
You will provide some or all of the following information to us when you contact us through our website, contact us, or sign up for newsletters and other marketing activities, either in one of our offices or online:
- Your Identity and Contact Details-includes your name, email address, business address, and your contact telephone number;
Please Note: It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not collect any categories of sensitive personal data and this website is not intended for children so we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
Data protection law in the UK allows us to collect, use, store and transfer personal information if we have one or more of the following purposes for doing so:
- To fulfil a contract with you; or
- Where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests); or
- For other reasons where you have expressly consented to those purposes.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may share your information with our selected third parties for the purposes referred to above. For example:
- Payment Acquiring Services to process your payment;
- Delivery and Courier Companies to supply your order;
- Credit Reference & Fraud Prevention Agencies for credit checking and identity verification;
We require all third parties engaged by us to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Such third parties are only allowed to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions, and not for their own purposes.
Links to Other Organisations
Our website and/or our Apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link on those websites you will have to check their own privacy policies We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our website and Apps have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach.
We recommend only connecting to secure wireless networks that you trust to reduce the risk of unauthorised people intercepting your online activity. Beware of the risks of using public wifi.
If you receive an email purporting to be from Feral Films asking for personal data, please do not respond to the email but please let us know that this has happened so we can check whether the email is genuine.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your data for as long as you are a customer and thereafter we may keep it for longer in order to respond to any questions or complaints and to maintain necessary records to satisfy legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may also keep your data for research or statistical purposes.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. Please let us know if you think we should not be using it, but please be aware that there may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your information.
Your rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data are briefly summarised below, and you can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Customer Services, Feral Films Ltd, 142 Woodsmoor Lane, Woodsmoor, Manchester, SK3 8TJ.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which we will tell you about, if applicable, after receiving your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time if we are relying on your consent to process your personal data (such as direct marketing and cookies). This won’t affect any processing already carried out before you withdraw your consent or processing under other grounds. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data and we will respond to all requests within one month.
If you have any questions or require any more information please contact us at email@example.com